How to Order Your Pencil Portrait
First and foremost, submit a photo you love!
- Make sure it’s very clear and the face is at least 1 ½” – 2” inches in size.
- Please be sure the whites of the eyes are clearly visible.
- Clear, in focus close-ups are best…the larger the better. I would like to see all of the facial features very clearly.
- Photos taken with flash photography tend to lack depth and detail. If you are taking the photo yourself, turn your flash off and let the natural light play off of the subject’s face.
- If the photo is too small, I will not be able to see all of the necessary details.
All portraits are drawn on natural white Strathmore acid free, heavy weight, durable, medium surface paper. I do not include background details, but focus on the subjects themselves bringing out as many details as possible.
Send a photo by email, I recommend a resolution of 400-600 dpi, or by regular mail (email me for shipping address) along with any special instructions. I promise you I will take very good care of your photo and return it in the exact same condition.
Remember, the quality of the finished portrait is related to the quality of the photo submitted.
I require a 50% deposit in the form of a check, money order, or bank draft. Once payment is made and picture is approved, I will give you an estimated completion date.
A typical portrait takes 3 – 4 weeks depending on complexity and workload. If you require the drawing by a certain date, please let me know so I can allow for shipping time. I will email you with pictures of your drawing as it progresses.
Please browse my online gallery to see examples of my artwork and become familiar with my style. I want to provide you with the results you desire.
The remaining balance, including shipping costs, is due when I email you a final proof of the drawing. Once I have received the balance, I will ship the drawing to you!For local clients, final payment for a portrait is due when the portrait is picked up.
Drawings are sprayed with a fixative to prevent yellowing and smudging and are sandwiched between heavy corrugated backers to protect during shipping. Reference photographs are returned in a separate envelope inside the shipping package. This completes our sale.
Place your orders for birthday and holiday gifts now!
*Each portrait takes 20 to 30 hours to complete depending on the size and complexity of the subject.
**Gift Certificates Available**
Shipping & Handling Fees will be calculated at time of shipment.
- Custom sizes/pricing available on request.
- Prices can vary depending on the complexity of your portrait. Contact me for final pricing.
- All portraits are shipped UPS Insured unless you have a special request. *Shipping is not included in the pricing.
- Portraits are sold unframed.
- Texas Customers – an 8.25% state and local sales tax will be applied to the total amount of your order in accordance with local tax laws. No sales tax is charged for Gift Certificates. However, purchases paid for with Gift Certificates will be charged sales tax in accordance with the applicable tax laws.
Please email me for final pricing, special requests or questions.